This round orange enameled cast iron junior casserole / dutch oven primary use is to slowly braise, simmer, stew and baking. This medium version is most commonly used for side dishes and individual servings of stew meats and au gratin potatoes.
The ability of this enameled cast iron casserole to evenly distribute heat makes it perfect for tenderizing any cut of meat for stews or heavy cassoulets. It is easy to clean, durable and compatible with standard stovetops, induction ranges, and conventional ovens. This oven comes with a matching lid to keep in heat and moisture. Best of all, it moves gracefully from the oven to the table for serving to the refrigerator or freezer for storing leftovers.
· Cast iron coated with durable porcelain enamel distributes heat slowly and evenly.
· Easy-clean nonreactive interior (Pre-Seasoned).
· Heavy, tight-fitting lid seals in moisture so foods emerge tender and juicy.
· Ideal for use on any cooktop, including induction.
· Vibrant, colorful exterior for stove-to-table presentation.